Why are carpet yarns directly cabled on Volkmann cabling machines ?
- Cabling is a mechanical yarn upgrading process which precedes carpet production.
- Cabled yarns are ideal for ensuring the formation of a high-quality pile during the manufacture of rugs and carpets.
- In the direct cabling process, two yarns are twisted around each other in a single operation without the individual strands themselves being twisted.
In contrast to the Two-for-One twisting process, the yarn balloon contains only one yarn with a correspondingly low level of air resistance. Energy consumption levels are thus also considerably smaller. Because only one yarn is drawn from the pot, double-length feed packages can be processed in one loading. This ensures long operating times and the manufacture of substantial knot-free lengths of cabled yarn.
E³ - Triple Added Value
Up to 35% saving by energy optimized spindle familymore +
The spindle family covers following types:
|Dimensions [mm]||Universal 285||Spindle 285||Spindle 260||Spindle 220|
|Feed pot package||285||285||260||220|
Energy-optimised spindle reduces energy consumption. Standard producer packages can be used for up-twisting as well as for cabling. Due to the optimised spindle geometry, the yarn count range meets all mayor counts. Thus, the spindle 285 can be used for all typical applications.
Spindles 260 and 220
The new energy-saving cabling spindle enables high energy savings especially when processing cabled yarns – a quantum leap in terms of efficiency. With a different package handling, further advantages can be gained in the production process. This results in a suitable work flow and optimum package sizes.
Up to 5% savings due to energy optimized machine componentsmore +
- High class efficiency main drive motors
- Optimized bearings in the entire spindle area
Up to 45% higher productivitymore +
- Up to 30% higher productivity by delivery speeds of up to 120 m/min when up-twisting
- Up to 10% less space needed due to closer spindle spacing
- Up to 5% higher production speeds due to low yarn balloon tension
Up to 10% reduced machine operating time due to central adjustmentsmore +
Shortest set-up time through central adjustment of th balloon thread guides
Fast, simple and precise motor-driven drive for an optimum height position.
An optimum, uniform height position on all yarn balloon guides.
Package conveyor belt to rapidly clear away the finished packagesmore +
Package conveyor belt
In order to improve the ergonomic efficiency of Volkmann machines, the package belt conveyor has been designed in such a way that packages can be removed sideways at the belt exit point. This enhancement results in a further reduction in operating times and easier operator work loads when handling large volumes of yarn.
The package conveyor belt can also be used as an intermediate storage for the cross-wound packages. A photoelectric barrier at the end of the package belt conveyor permits cycled removal of packages.
Further advantages include:
- A wider conveyor belt surface, designed for removing all the cross-wound packages from one machine side.
- A trough-shaped guide plate, preventing packages and tubes from jamming and avoiding the formation of trailing ends.
- Chutes for continuous removal for fitting at the transport ends are available as an option.
Easy and quick yarn threading due to Volco-/Creeljet-Systemsmore +
Volcojet is Volkmann's threading system for Two-for-One spindle
The system is characterised by its simplicity, having only one moving component and being powered by compressed air. The complete system is built into each spindle and is activated into operation by pressure on the spindle brake.
Whilst feeding with one hand the thread into the entry tube, the operator can catch the threaded ends with the other hand above the balloon limiter.
The Volcojet system does not require any working aids.
Further advantages are:
- Low threading times
- High production/operator/spindle
- Low operation cost
- Low maintenance cost
- No manual threading required
Computer-controlled electro-mechanical gearboxmore +
This computer-controlled drive system is the perfect solution to the market's requirement for fast, effective adjustment to a new yarn batch, accompanied by increased machine availability.
- Quick, easy and saved settings
- Less labour efforts
- Higher machine availability
- Higher production and reliability
- Emergency stop function
The access and the adjustment of the production parameters like twist, spindle revolutions and twist direction, as well as the running time, can be done by authorized personal on a touch screen at the main computer.
The production parameters entered can be stored in an article library and called up whenever required.
Delivery speed and operating hours, as well as manually entered adjustment values can also be called up.
The computer is equipped with a USB connection.
This computerized drive system will ensure a synchronized start and stop sequence, as well as an electronically controlled twist level during production.
Furthermore the electronic drive includes an immediate disengagement of the take-up drive, in case of an emergency stop.
Yarn path with direct-cablingmore +
In a direct-cabling machine, one feed-package is loaded into the protection pot.
The yarn end is unwound and tensioned by a yarn-brake located above the package in the pot.
The second feed-package is loaded into a creel, unwound, and tensioned slightly before it enters the lower hollow shaft of the spindle.
This yarn end wraps around the storage disc and forms a balloon around the pot package.
At the balloon apex, both yarns meet and wrap around each other, which thus dissolves the false twist in the balloon yarn.
At the meeting point, both yarns must have the same tension in order to form a balanced composite yarn with no residual torque and equal lengths of component yarns.
In practice, the precise setting of the tension is determined by experiment.
Whenever the spindle speed is altered, the pot-yarn tension must be adjusted to compensate for a consequent increase or decrease in balloon tension.
The most accurate test for balanced conditions is to measure the lengths of both ends after unplying and detwisting.
Hi-Lo creelmore +
The newly designed creel facilitates feed package changes in a major way through its ergonomic design. The creel can be lowered and serviced during any time of machine operation.
Both versions are available in two- and three-peg execution to either hold two full feed packages or one full and two partial packages. The creel can be equipped with a variety of yarn tension devices as well as a bracket to hold an anti-static package.
Version with mechanical spring support
It offers the following advantages:
- Loading position 140 mm (5.5 inches)
- lower, easy (low-force) pull down mechanism
- Safe, robust design
- Optimized yarn path
Version with integrated pneumatic control
It offers the following advantages:
- Force-free actuation by integrated pneumatic control
- Ideal working height when loading spindles, and in the operating position
- Robust and reliable
- Automatic locking
Creel yarn brakes for the carpet yarn manufacturemore +
The various creel yarn brakes provide for our customers optimal unwinding properties for their individual yarn materials.
The crocodile brake ensures constant yarn take-up with reproducibly adjustable take-up forces.
Tension fluctuations in the yarn, such as may be caused by an inferior unwinding property of the supply package, are compensated.
In addition to the proven solution for the feed pot package, the Volkmann Product Line has now also developed a special hysteresis brake adapted to the requirements of the creel.
The advantages of these brakes are as follows:
- High precision
- Simple and fast adjustment
- Wear-resistant and robust yarn guiding elements
- Absolute reproducibility from brake to brake
Roller yarn brake
The central adjustment are located per machine side at the headstock.
The main yarn guide roller is actuated by compressed air. Its extended axel carries a pair of wear-resistant friction discs similar in design to the well-known hysteresis dome tensioner, ensuring perfect yarn guidance.
This new roller tensioner offers the following advantages:
- Pneumatically controlled, centrally adjustable per machine side
- Significant reduction of setup time
- Wear-resistant and robust yarn guiding elements
- Extremely uniform unwinding of yarn in the range of 20-200 cN
- Knots and splices pass easily
- Tender treatment of yarn
- Adjustment errors minimized / avoided
- Easy processing of specialty yarns
- Simple yarn thread up
- Separation of mechanical and textile components